Friday, November 1, 2013

It's Diwali time.....

Here's wishing a  very happy and prosperous Dhanteras to all my lovely readers!

I'm all done with Halloween. Now it's time for the big celebration, that is Diwali. Traditionally, Dhanteras marks the beginning of the five day long festivities for Diwali. So today, I'm ready to spruce up my home and bring in some Diwali cheer:)

I'm sharing some vignettes that I've put up at home...... 


I made these candle holders a couple of years back....read more about them here. They become a part of my Diwali decor every year. 







Back in India, come Diwali we would always go out and get the colorful paper lanterns called Kandeel. We would pick out a big one for our porch. It's one of those many childhood memories that I have of Diwali celebration at home.I do miss that here......

My orange lantern from Z gallery is what I'm using to decorate my home here:)


I did a quick Diwali DIY as my table centerpiece and I wanted to share it with you all, but....it's still not dry for me to light it up and take pictures. I will try and take pictures tonight, so I can post them tomorrow. 



Until then......Have a safe, warm, and Happy Diwali!!!

9 comments:

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...