Thursday, June 28, 2012

A visit to an Antique store


As much as I would like to, I haven't had a chance to visit many antique stores.

However, on my recent trip to India, I had the pleasure to visit an antique store in Rajasthan, in the outskirts of the city of Jaipur. It wasn't any known place but my aunt had found it just by accident- almost like finding treasure:)

I was as excited to go as a little girl going to Disneyland.

The store housed a myriad of beautiful pieces, from lanterns to jharokhas, from old clocks to brass handis, from wooden blocks to carved furniture, and much, much more. I not only feasted my eyes but brought quite a few beauties home with me:)
I was a happy, happy gal!

Here are a few shots from my camera....while I strolled through the alleys of the three storied shop.





Images: Clicked by me

9 comments:

  1. Awesome!Girl ..show me your finds ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lost looking at these images!! Those lanterns, Jharokhas and votive are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really beautiful, i am sure you could not resist buying some of the lamps there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The intricate wood work is gorgeous. Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome... I wish to land up at one such store and shop till I drop! So, what did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds indeed! Wow! I am really impressed on those collection. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you please give information regarding the store name and particulars...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I’ve just found your lovely blog, this post is great!!!
    I’d love you to take a look at mine and let me know what you think ;)
    Kisses from Spain,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I have more details of this store, at least the area name at Jaipur where we found this store.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...