Thursday, September 22, 2011

Before and After- Dining Room

I was browsing through old photos...and I came across pictures of our home from the first day that we stepped in. When we got the keys, it was a euphoric moment. I'm sure many of you can relate to that. 

We walked in and the walls were all white and bare. There was ample light streaming in, as there were no window treatments. I could hear my own voice echo in every direction when I spoke. I had several visions of how I'd want each room to look.
From that day on, a journey began....., of turning a house into a Home....My Home. We've come a long way....but there is still lots to do...... It'll take us a few years:)

When I see the pictures from that day and the rooms the way they look now...its an amazing transformation, and the feeling is one of satisfaction.
I always love looking at before and after picture and thought you might enjoy it too. I'd be sharing before and after pictures of a few rooms that are, kind of, complete. 
First in the series is my Dining room


Before



After

Some more shots from different angles of the room. Read morew about the Ganesha painting here.




Linking to: Show and tell Friday, Roomspiration, Metamorphosis Monday

PS: If you haven't already, check out Patty's post on my shelf stories on Colors Dekor. Thank you Patty... for hosting these awesome monthly theme parties! It's always a pleasure to participate.

27 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning transformatin Neha - so cool to see what it was to what it is:) I love, love that orange wall - it sets everything off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful room, Neha. Love the curtains and the glow of sunlight when it shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nehaaaa !!! that is a wonderful transformation. So warm and lively and Orange is my new crush :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing after :)..saw ur post on patty;s blog..loved it..mind sharing ur home on my blog as well :)..and maybe a guest post with ur ideas on decor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neha u have a wonderful sense of decor. What I love about ur dining room is orange wall and curtains and lovely planters and textured wall and.........Ah well everything Neha. U have done gr8 job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome transformation Neha....after is amazing. love everything..your dining set is very beautiful. it looks very warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful..its so good to see the transformation.. Love the orange wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous spray of colors! I love your dining room, the oranges n pinks would definitely up your guests' appetite, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellant transformation NEha... Love the table runner.. the indoor plants and the colorful pots... Very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neha, your dining room is beautiful! Such a great transformation from when you bought your home, and I love the paint color. Thanks so much for linking up to Roomspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love the shot of color! Visiting from Roomspiration.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a difference the paint colors make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looooooooooooooooooove orange!! And love love love.. how that room has turned out.. absolutely stunning!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome transformation. Love the warm colours. I digg the Ganesha painting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pleasure of decorating a house is great! You did a great job... the dining room looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautifully done Neha! You have exquisite taste!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can truly relate to all the feeling you have felt, stepping into a new place, with your mind brimming with ideas to make it look like a real home.
    The ideas have come out beautifully, and I love the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can totally relate to everything you have felt. It is indeed a nice transformation. I love the orange color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely love your table runner Neha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Neha! I love the wall color! It brings so much life to the room! I wish to share how I went about choosing colors for my home. It was quite a task but at the end I was very happy with the results. I used the Nippon iColor which you can launch on your computer and try out different colors online. You can mix and match with colors of your settee, curtains, bedcovers or cushion covers. Believe me it was really worthwhile...the wall colors in my home turned out to be lovely!. Will post some pictures on my blog for all to see. My blog address is http://food-allthingswonderful.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...