Monday, November 29, 2010

Swiss memories

My husband and I love travelling. However, our holiday in Switzerland has been the most memorable one so far. We reminisce about it every now and then. It was an impromptu decision, to take a 6 day trip to the swiss alps, while on our way to India. What made it so exciting was that it was a spontaneous idea, one that wasn't planned much ahead of time. We researched and planned everything using tripadvisor (a great travel resourse). For most part of our trip we stayed in a family owned hotel in the village of Wengen, and got a taste of the swiss hospitality which is worth experiencing. Here are some pictures of the gorgeous views that I tried to capture - the sun shining on the snow capped peaks, streams and waterfalls running through the mountains, wooden houses with thier flowers filled window boxes, serene lakes with blue-green water and the beautiful churches. I must admit that the photos do not do justice to the stunning beauty of this picturesque country.










Lucerne by the night
Kapellbrücke or the Chapel bridge in Lucerne

If you wish to get any information on planning a trip to Switzerland, feel free to email me here.

5 comments:

  1. I went to Switzerland years ago with a high school buddy (we both ditched our hubbies and kids back home :-)) and met up with a third high school friend living in Zurich. Oh what memories your post brings back....I loved it! And Lucerne was breathtaking! Thanks for stopping by my blog Neha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found yours blog-hopping and glad I did. Nice pictures and loved your Diwali posts as well. Adding you to my blog roll.

    Welcome to the blog-o-sphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely need your help once I start planing my trip, the pictures are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    Who would not want to visit Switzerland, and your pictures want me to plan a visit as soon as possible.
    Loved the lovely cottage like Hotel. Would definitely email you before we plan our trip.
    Pray we soon visit this wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...